Important Questions to Ask on your Next College Campus Tour
Having your students ask the right questions on their next college campus tour is important. Keeping track of the answers and comparing will help them make an informed decision for their next chapter of their academic life.
When planning your next college campus tour for your students make sure they have this worksheet with them. This worksheet will allow them to track some key info they gathered during their visits of the colleges and meeting with the admissions team.
For example, here is a sample fact sheets some colleges will share with students (and they can also be found online).
Some of the top questions to keep in mind during a session with admissions staff:
- – What is the enrollment and undergraduate population of the school?
- – What is the average class size?
- – How many majors are offered?
- – Student to faculty ratio?
- – What is the first year retention ratio? A good indicator of how students appreciated their experience at the school.
Then there are the questions about the application process. Part of the campus tour is to have students meet with admissions teams of the school. They will give very specific information on how to apply and the grades required.
- – What is the average GPA?
- – What is the average SAT/ACT scores?
- – Is there a study abroad program?
- – What are the early action/ early decision dates?
- – Is the school part of the common app?
Then of course the cost is on everyone’s mind
- – How much is tuition?
- – What are the fees?
- – Room and board and so on
Questions about student life, sports and dining are all part of the experience of a the college campus tour experience. Make sure to have your students download the worksheet before their trip.